Friday, December 7, 2007

Paid off one delinquent - now current

Some good news. I was on a repayment plan for the last three months with one of my creditors. I called them today and found out that my last payment made yesterday brought my account up to current status.

While on the phone I asked the customer service rep to please notify the credit bureau agencies as soon as possible and ask them to remove the delinquent status from my report. She said that she would send an internal email within the company to make that request. I'll follow up next week to make sure that request was made. The sooner that and the other two remaining delinquents are removed the better it will make my credit score.

I monitor my and my wife's credit score monthly through Experian. It makes me feel good to see that my wife's score has begun to improve over the last 3-4 months. My FICO score has stabilized and will begin to improve soon.

No comments: